What is a Doula?
As a birth Doula, I accompany women (and their partner) during labor to help ensure a safe and satisfying birth experience, I have completed my Birth Doula Certification through DONA International and have the following qualifications:
CD(DONA): Certified Doula through DONA International
Bini Birth Trained with Ana Paula Markel
25 hours Birth Doula/Breastfeeding Education Training
B.S. Kinesiology, Wellness Emphasis
Certified Holistic Health Coach specializing in Women’s Wellness
200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher through Yoga Alliance (hours including pranayama and meditation)
100 Hours of Prenatal Yoga/Childbirth Education Training
25 Hours Yin/Restoratives Yoga Training
I draw on my professional training, knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort and, as needed, communication with the staff to make sure that you have the information you need to make informed decisions as they arise in labor. I can provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, make suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, soothing touch, positioning and other techniques for comfort. I am independent and self-employed. As your doula, I am working for YOU, not your caregiver or hospital. However, I am not there to work against the labor and delivery staff, my goal is to work with them in the most respectful and supportive way to provide you with the best care possible.
Birth Doula Support
- Complimentary Initial Consultation/Interview
- Two Prenatal visits to discuss my role in working with the mother and her partner should they be present. Overview of comfort measures, what to expect during the stages of labor (working together at home/birthing center/hospital), discussion and formatting of birth preferences sheet, and what to expect postpartum.
- One Postnatal visit to check on Mommy and Baby. Will include discussion of labor and birth, questions about anything that went on, and anything having to do with postpartum care for mommy and baby. If something is outside of my scope of practice or i do not know the answers to something, I will happily refer out and have compiled an incredible list of resources.
- Unlimited Email, Text, Phone support and on-call for client 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after due date.
- Physical and emotional support during entire length of active labor (sometimes earlier)
- Provide piece of mind for mother and partner
- Part of the team in making informed decisions that are best for the mother and baby
- Help to ease communication between mother, partner, and care team.
- Stay after the birth until couple is ready to enjoy their baby for the "Golden Hour" to ensure all is well.
Total Investment is $1495.00
What doulas do NOT do.
As a doula, I do not:
- Perform clinical tasks, such as blood pressure, fetal heart checks, vaginal exams, and others. I am there to provide only physical comfort, emotional support, and in certain circumstances, mediation.
- Make decisions for you. I will help you get the information necessary to make an informed decision. I will also remind you if there is a departure from your birth plan.
- Speak to the staff on your behalf. I will discuss your concerns with you and suggest options, but you or your partner will speak directly to the clinical staff.
As a prenatal yoga teacher and wellness coach, I also offer options for private classes/consults at a 20% off discounted rate as my birth client.
The day you give birth will be thee MOST MEMORABLE day of your life! Make sure you do your research and KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. I want you to feel empowered to ask questions and make decisions that are right and best for you and your baby.
To schedule an initial interview to see if we are the right fit for each other, please click here.